Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Dangit this happened again! Woke up and checked the pool and the water temp was 78. It was 68 yesterday. Apparently my heater turned itself on again. Well, Aqualink turned it on. This was happening last year but I disabled Alexa thinking it was that. I re-did Alexa again a few weeks ago and apparently this skill STILL is Crud. I'll disable it again. Well there's $80 out the window! Sigh...

Just a warning to others using Aqualink and the Alexa skill!

So even after totally disabling the Alexa skill, my heater STILL turned itself on again last night. I am at a loss how this is happening. Wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this. So far the pool lights, heater and rockfall have at one point or another turned themselves on. I am still suspecting Alexa somehow is doing it. If it happens again I will change the password and see if that stops it.

So even after totally disabling the Alexa skill, my heater STILL turned itself on again last night. I am at a loss how this is happening. Wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this. So far the pool lights, heater and rockfall have at one point or another turned themselves on. I am still suspecting Alexa somehow is doing it. If it happens again I will change the password and see if that stops it.
Can you delete the skill vs just turning it off?

You’re definitely smarter at this stuff than me but - have you ever used another platform to enable the heater/features?
I ask because the other day my dolphin (which is in automation mode on a smart plug) came on at the wrong time of day after already completing its normal run.
I was stumped. Turns out it was running 2 schedules- the one I set up with Alexa & the one I previously used in the smartlife app before I had alexa.

Can you delete the skill vs just turning it off?

No - Just disable. But once disabled it no longer appears anymore. I did check after I disabled the skill and still had buttons in Alexa to turn on the heater so I deleted them as well. I disabled the Alexa skill a couple days ago but deleted the buttons to activate the heater just now after finding the heater on. I don't know how Alexa could still activate them without the skill active but it is a very buggy app.

Reactions: Mdragger88
You’re definitely smarter at this stuff than me but - have you ever used another platform to enable the heater/features?
I ask because the other day my dolphin (which is in automation mode on a smart plug) came on at the wrong time of day after already completing its normal run.
I was stumped. Turns out it was running 2 schedules- the one I set up with Alexa & the one I previously used in the smartlife app before I had alexa.

No other app has control of the pool. I had control via the PDA, which is off and batteries removed, my one phone iAqualink app and the computer browser iAqualink website app. Those apps are completely under my control. Alexa is the only app that could possibly do this. I sure hope it stops now!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.