Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

We get a LOT of posts about heater shutdowns that are often from a failed sensor or something. It's frustrating and sometimes makes me wish they didn't have all that Crud that results in so many unnecessary failures. But every now and then something happens that makes me glad I have them. Last night in the pool ThePoolCleaner was doing it's thing and got in the way. We also noticed there was more than usual stuff on the surface. Instead of coiling up the hose I just unplugged it from the suction connection to see if we could improve the skimming. The cover is spring loaded so it just snapped closed in place. Less than a minute later the heater turned off and returns flow trickled to almost nothing. That shouldn't have happened! So I went out to the pad and first noticed a fault on the heater "no flow". Thought maybe the flow sensor might be bad but wait there really was almost no flow. A little more inspection revealed the manual valve that controls split of flow from skimmer and suction connection was almost completely blocking the skimmer. Not sure how that happened and I'll check it out today. Valve seemed to move too easily. But one thing I'm very happy for is that my heater now on it's 8th year didn't get a cracked tube ($600+ part) or something.

So I guess I have to concede the complicated controls on the heater are a good thing.

I hope this is helpful.

Chris

The safety systems in a heater are there for reasons. I worry when I hear people say they have bypassed a safety sensor other then for a brief period of diagnostics.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.