Heater Operation Question

77mrich

Sep 14, 2021
Tampa, FL
New pool owner, and first post…be gentle. I have searched and read several posts which have similar issues to what I am having but could not get a clear answer. I have added my equipment in my signature below (hopefully it shows up) to help you help me.

PROBLEM: The temperature set point shown on the heat pump control panel does not change when I adjust the set point on the EasyTouch control panel. This means that I cannot force the heater to turn on by using the EasyTouch control panel and I must manually adjust the set point on the heater itself. It appears the heater works fine when I manually adjust the set point.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED: I have set the temp set point to 104 degrees on the heaters control panel in hopes that the EasyTouch will turn the heater on/off based on the temp set point on the EasyTouch. When I do this, the heater runs constantly which is undesirable

HOPEFUL SOLUTION: please help me configure my system so that the EasyTouch can control the temperature of my pool/spa. I am attaching a picture of my EasyTouch control board to show how it is wired.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• BC122E0D-2A15-43F9-89CC-015F3AD75CDD.jpeg
    BC122E0D-2A15-43F9-89CC-015F3AD75CDD.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to TFP.

What specific model Aquacal heat pump do you have?

I am trying to figure out the model so I can look at the manual on their website to help you. Their website does not use model numbers like that. Help me help you by looking on their website and identifying the model you have.

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.