SarahOakley

Apr 2, 2024
Spain
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have a pool at home with 70m3 water. We live in Spain, where it is warm may to october but we want to heat through the winter (using a cover). We have been recommended 2 brands of heat pumps. A Fairland Inverter plus. Or a Hayward? Can you give me any further information on what to look for in a pump. What size and spec you think we need. It's all new to me! Thank you, Sarah

Welcome to TFP.

The more BTUs and thus heat output the better with a heat pump. Heat pump output and efficiency declines as the air temperature drops. So you want an oversized heat pump if you intend to use it in the cooler months.

Some heat pumps shutdown below a certain air temperature. Check how cold your heat heat pump will operate at.

Check what voltage and amperage the heat pump requires and your house has the electrical capacity for it.

Reactions: SarahOakley
Welcome to TFP.

The more BTUs and thus heat output the better with a heat pump. Heat pump output and efficiency declines as the air temperature drops. So you want an oversized heat pump if you intend to use it in the cooler months.

Some heat pumps shutdown below a certain air temperature. Check how cold your heat heat pump will operate at.

Check what voltage and amperage the heat pump requires and your house has the electrical capacity for it.
Thanks so much!
I live in Mallorca, Spain and I wish to heat my outdoor pool all year round. In the colder months it averages between 15 degrees celcius high and 7 degrees low here, but can drop down to 1 or 2 degrees. Our pool has 70m3 water.
I'm looking at a HAyward Pro All Season heat pump. I've heard BTUs mentioned but I don't see any mention of these in the product details which I have attached below.
My supplier said to go for the ENP19M but I want to double check as they seem a bit unsure!
Which should I go for?EP19M.jpg
Thanks a mil!
Sarah

Last edited:
Last edited: