Sendit6

Aug 16, 2023
Pittsburgh
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Go to poolheatpumps.com. Great selection, plenty of help with sizing. I have a 110k btu gulfstream for my 20x40 gunite in MD. It will raise them 10 degrees a day without issues.

Do you ever wish you had gone with more btu’s?

We’re having an 18’x36’, 10’ deep, built now and I bought an AquaCal t115 which is 112k btu’s and I’m wondering if I should have gone bigger. That’s why I’m in here looking at other’s thoughts.

I’m assuming it works fine when it’s warm and the extra btu’s would be handy at the beginning of the season and end.
We’re in Pittsburgh.

Can you exchange the heat pump you bought?

What would you get instead?

I do have natural gas available however would need to run a new line roughly 100’. And with the recent house explosions in Pgh. my wife is afraid of doing it.
Soooooo, it’s a heat pump. From what I’ve been reading though, it seems like a smaller btu, like 110-112 will keep the water temp steady the same as a higher one of 132-140btu. The main difference will be initial rise time at beginning of season (optimistically April) and struggle to maintain at end of season (Oct.).

One other consideration is that the equipment pad will be up against the back of the house so will not really ever be in direct sunlight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.