Heat Pump/Chiller

Lisabdou

Jul 21, 2019
South West TN Memphis Area
My Pool is new. First summer in use and it’s hit above 90 degrees already. I wanted to wait to see if I wanted/needed a heat pump chiller so I didn’t add during constructio. The plumbing, concrete pad, and electrical was added to be ready if I decided on it later.
looking for suggestion on what seems to work the best and is the most dependable as well as pricing wise.
pool is salt water, Aquabright, has a large waterfall (which I was hoping would help maybe
keep it a bit cooler) and is about 18-19k gallon.
appreciate any input please.

I’m in the Dallas area and had the same issue. Water temp would get to mid-90s by July 4 and it just wasn’t refreshing. After several years of research, waffling, and procrastination, I finally chose the Glacier chiller 5 years ago. Best pool addition I’ve made and wish I had done it sooner. We’re in the middle of a 100 degree heat wave and my water temp is at 79 right now. It will climb to about 82 at the hottest part of the day. A side benefit is that I now only have to run my SWCG at 35% vs. 80% before the Glacier. I don’t know that water temp affects chlorine consumption - just reporting my experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.