Hayward XStream filter, air problems

Blakney

Sep 23, 2020
Central New York
July 2020, I bought a new Hayward XStream CC1500 filter with motor for my 18 x 33 oval above ground pool to replace an old sand filter. I have constant problems when opening and closing the filter lid, without getting air trapped, which makes a loud vibrating noise. I have carefully followed instructions on the outside and tried everything but feel somehow air is getting in when refilling the filter tank. How may this be avoided?? The lid is also difficult to get locked on at times. My pressure dial is no longer working due to the excessive rattling vibration etc. and must be replaced. I even have an installed a diversion valve to close off water to the pump and tank, to not loose so much water during filter changes. I have purchased a second filter to allow cleaning when needed. Even my pool cleaning company has not solved the problem. It is very loud and annoying, but pumping water OK.

Hi and welcome to TFP! Sorry to be meeting this way!

There is no air release on the top? My cartridge filter had a air release on the top just for this reason. I would open it just a bit until water came squirting out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.