Hayward VSP not running

Jul 29, 2018
FL Panhandle
Was checking the pool this morning and noticed that the filter pump (Hayward Tristar SP3202VSP) was not running. Checked the pump diagnostic on the Omnilogic, and it reports a "DC voltage is too low" error. According to the troubleshooting guide in the pump manual for this error, it states "Indicates that the DC bus voltage has dropped below 230 VDC. Verify that line voltage is within 10% (207-253 VAC) at the terminal block." So I checked the line voltage at the terminal block of the pump, and it is 240 VAC as it should be. Suggestions on next steps?

Update: I flipped the DIP switches so that I could control the pump from the local interface (instead of Omnilogic), and the pump fired right up and started priming. I put the DIP switches back to Omnilogic control, and now everything is back to normal. Don't understand what happened, but all seems well now. Very strange.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.