Hayward V-Flex A-Frame+Turbine Kit

arizona480

In The Industry
Mar 10, 2013
I heard about this a few months ago then saw it in my search at my vendor's website. Has anyone tried the Hayward V-Flex conversion kit on any of your Hayward models? I drop the Pool vac. classics in my HOA pools overnight once a week, every once in a while a little rock or seed will get in forcing me to hand vac. as the cleaner was rendered usless for the rest of the night. It doesn't happen often, but does the V-flex prevent this?

Also can you run them with more suction and not wear them out as fast as the typical a-frame rollers?

It is impossible for me to overstate how much I hate these v-flex kits. They came out a year or so ago and I thought they would make for a good alternative to replacing the navigators I have on my route. The first thing I noticed is that there was absolutely zero improvement in how the navigator ran with the v-flex upgrade kit on. NONE it did not run faster and it got clogged just as easily as before. The worst part though is that every single one is no longer working at all, within 6 months to a year all of them have completely stopped working. Everything that hayward does is worthless.

For your situation you are much better off getting the Dolphin s200 or prowler 920 ( they are the same thing). These will work so much better than any suction cleaner will. If you want to stay with a suction cleaner get the new version of the rebel from pentair

Thanks for the feedback! All 4 of my Vac. Classics work great 98% of the time when dropped in the Pools overnight. That rebel looks interesting though, I may look at that in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.