Hayward TriStar Replacement Pump

Drb1

Jul 11, 2020
Buffalo New York
I have a Hayward TriStar pump that needs replacement. Model # SP32152EE, which is a 2-speed 1.5HP with a 1.6SF equaling 2.4 THP. I want to stick with Tristar just so I don't have to change the plumbing. The pump I ordered is the Hayward TriStar XE 1.85HP variable speed pump [SP3210X15XE]. Is this a suitable replacement? I know it is smaller but I think it will work. Pool store suggested a bigger pump like the Hyward Tristar XE 2.25HP.

On my old 1.5HP pump I changed out the impeller with a 3/4HP one so that is why I believe I can use the smaller pump. I already bought the 1.85HP pump but I received it with the bottom base broken. I started another thread asking if I could glue it back together with JB weld for plastic but haven't rec'd any replies yet. Pumps are hard to find so is gluing the base a option?

Thanks for all and any help

Daren

Attachments

• haywardpumpdamage.jpg
    haywardpumpdamage.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 9
  • haywardpupdamage2.jpg
    haywardpupdamage2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 9
I have a Hayward TriStar pump that needs replacement. Model # SP32152EE, which is a 2-speed 1.5HP with a 1.6SF equaling 2.4 THP. I want to stick with Tristar just so I don't have to change the plumbing. The pump I ordered is the Hayward TriStar XE 1.85HP variable speed pump [SP3210X15XE]. Is this a suitable replacement? I know it is smaller but I think it will work. Pool store suggested a bigger pump like the Hyward Tristar XE 2.25HP.

On my old 1.5HP pump I changed out the impeller with a 3/4HP one so that is why I believe I can use the smaller pump. I already bought the 1.85HP pump but I received it with the bottom base broken. I started another thread asking if I could glue it back together with JB weld for plastic but haven't rec'd any replies yet. Pumps are hard to find so is gluing the base a option?

Thanks for all and any help

Daren
You'll be happy with the new pump. JB Weld, PlastAid, both will work. The weight of the pump will keep it in place. Why can't you return for one that isn't broken? Was the box resealed when you received it?

I am 99% sure that I can return it. I haven't talked to service as of yet but at the time I thought it was their last pump in stock and I have found it extremely difficult to find this pump for sale anywhere else. I thought maybe with all the vibrations from a pump running that glue may not hold. If glue is strong enough to repair it too good as new strength, then maybe I can get a real good deal on this broken pump. I didn't notice that the box was resealed, but it must have been because included with the pump was a pump riser which is not shown included with the pump but as an optional accessory.

Thanks for your reply

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.