Hayward Tristar 3202vsp connection to e command 4

Just upgraded to a tristar 3202 vsp from a super II. My Super II was connected to the filter relay on my e command 4 along with my Aquarite generator.
Does anybody know the correct way to wire the pump to the controller, the Vsp is compatible with the e command, but I am not sure how to set the DIP switch so it will communicate.
I tried using the com cord that came with the pump and wiring as suggested using 3 wires but I get a communication error on the e command, , in the e command manual it says use 4 wires, I've also seen instructions online using 2 wires for communication and to set pump address at 001. So at the moment I'm lost!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

bc,

What is the F/W version in your E command?

Show me a pic of the pump where you wire in the RS-485 connection..

I thought Pentair was bad at writing manuals, but after trying to research your problem, I think Hayward is not much better.. :mrgreen:

Jim R.

bc,

What is the F/W version in your E command?

Show me a pic of the pump where you wire in the RS-485 connection..

I thought Pentair was bad at writing manuals, but after trying to research your problem, I think Hayward is not much better.. :mrgreen:

Jim R.
version? I'm assuming software..V2.87. I wired I to A,B and Com then in the controller 2,3 and 4.
The pump address throws me too. Not sure how to set DIP switch.
Thanks for help

bc,

I would wire just 2 to A and 3 to B and for now leave com off..

It appears to me that all the SW200 dip switches should be off.

It did say that "older" E Commands were not compatible and gave a minimum software or F/W level, but I have now forgotten what it was... ?

I found it impossible to find a manual for your exact pump..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.