Hayward T-Cell-15

The Hayward T-Cell-15 and Hayward T-Cell-15-SWP are the same thing.

The T-Cell-15 has a 3 year warranty.

The Hayward T-Cell-15-SWP is a Swimpure branded cell, which has a 2 or 3 year warranty. You would need to verify with the seller to be sure.

The first number of the serial number is the length of warranty.

The TCELL940 is a T-15 "long life" cell with a 4 year warranty.

A T-15-W is a warranty replacement cell with a 1 year warranty. It's not designated as a retail cell. It's supposed to be used as a replacement for a cell that fails under warranty. Some places sell warranty cells as regular cells.

The Hayward T-Cell-15 and Hayward T-Cell-15-SWP are the same thing.

The T-Cell-15 has a 3 year warranty.

The Hayward T-Cell-15-SWP is a Swimpure branded cell, which has a 2 or 3 year warranty. You would need to verify with the seller to be sure.

The first number of the serial number is the length of warranty.

The TCELL940 is a T-15 "long life" cell with a 4 year warranty.

A T-15-W is a warranty replacement cell with a 1 year warranty. It's not designated as a retail cell. It's supposed to be used as a replacement for a cell that fails under warranty. Some places sell warranty cells as regular cells.
Thanks for the reply. Is Swimpure part of Hayward?

Hayward owns the Swimpure brand.

LIMITED WARRANTY (effective 04/01/09) Hayward/Goldline warrants its Pro Logic and E-Command pool automation products as well as its Aqua Rite, Aqua Rite Pro, Aqua Plus and SwimPure chlorination products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship, under normal use and service, for a period of three (3) years.

Hayward/Goldline also warrants its Aqua Trol chlorination products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship, under normal use and service for a period of one (1) year.

These warranties are applicable from the initial date of installation on private residential swimming pools in the US and Canada.

On my new one, the label on the box show W3T-cell-15 but the actual unit labeled as T-cell-15. Serial numbers on the box’s label matcheswith the one on the actual unit and starts with 1E. From what I understand, W3 sku (open line) is for online sale with 1 yr warranty where one without the W3 is from pool store with 3 yrs. With that said, am confused as which one I just got.

Last edited:
On my new one, the label on the box show W3T-cell-15 but the actual unit labeled as T-cell-15. Serial numbers on the box’s label matcheswith the one on the actual unit and starts with 1E. From what I understand, W3 sku (open line) is for online sale with 1 yr warranty where one without the W3 is from pool store with 3 yrs. With that said, am confused as which one I just got.

The mismatched serial numbers sounds suspicious. From whom did you buy?

The serial numbers match. The model numbers are different. On the box, W3T-CELL-15 and on the unit, T-CELL-15. Sorry for the confusion. My point was if it’s possible for a T-CELL-15 to have a serial number starts with 1E which is a one year warranty.

The serial numbers match. The model numbers are different. On the box, W3T-CELL-15 and on the unit, T-CELL-15. Sorry for the confusion. My point was if it’s possible for a T-CELL-15 to have a serial number starts with 1E which is a one year warranty.
Oops, I misread your post. ☺ Thank you for clarifying.

This whole business of Hayward models, warranties, where to buy to preserve warranty, etc., has become a confusing mess. 😖

BTW, on Hayward’s site, the picture of the W3T-CELL-15 just shows T-CELL-15 on the cell.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yup, I saw that too. On the main description it says T-cell-15 but down below it lists the W3. Every 3 yrs I when I am trying to buy a new one, I had no idea what to buy as the T-cell-15 is getting harder to find. Hayward told me any “open” line will have only 1 yr warranty and only the “Expert” line has 3 yrs.

I bought mine from Amazon and I was supposed to get the W3 with one yr. The seller didn’t have a T-cell-15 (but available from other sellers for a lot more $). I received one with a T-cell label but the box has a W3 label but same serial number. The label on my unit looks like it was just recently put on with ends not fully glued down.

From this, i think they replace the label as needed depends on the sale and this might prove that they all work the same except the warranty . I just hope I didn’t get something other than brand new. Strangely, my invoice shows Amazon as the seller. Can a vendor change the label (with serial number) on a unit? My understanding is the serial number also include date of manufactured.

This is what drives me nuts. What you were told by Hayward contradicts what the website says;

The W3T-cell-15, which is not in the Expert Line (per Hayward website), clearly states 3 year warranty.

And get this......Hayward’s site lists Leslies as an authorized seller, but when you look at the cell on Leslie’s site it states 1 year warranty, then a few lines below that says 3 year warranty. So which the frick is it!? 🤬

Reviews on Amazon has lots of complaints about Hayward not honoring the warranty.

At this point, the best I can tell is if you buy it from a local Hayward dealer (and pay huge markup) you get the 3 year warranty. If not, all bets are off.

Last edited:
Hayward changed the info again, even more confusing. The top of the description, it list the model as W3t-cell-15. Down in the middle after you click “read more”, it lists t-cell-15. Look down below on “parts” it list GLX (used to be w3) which is hard to find anywhere online, maybe in the store? But GLX is a one yr warranty model, so confusing....

Local stores realize they can’t sell that many from walk-in customers so they sell online too. The fact that when they sell online they don’t change the original description from Hayward (with 3 yrs) which is usually below their own description causing a conflict. Hayward says if you buy online, it’s one year regardless which model and whom you buy it from. And even with 3 yrs, it’s not clear if they need proof if it was installed from a pro.

on Amazon, if you click on the T-cell-15 (even though only available from other sellers) the description says 3 yrs. But down below, the pdf file says one year. They probably don’t change the original description on purpose to trick buyers but added the pdf file to cover the their butt. But If you click on the W3t-cell-15, there is no warranty info at all. How tricky is that?

i am willing to take a risk of the online one yr unit because all my previous units (since 2007) never failed (or completely failed) before 3 yrs. this is the first time so will see. I wanted to try generic cells but after calculating the average yrs they last vs. Hayward’s the saving isn’t that great. Plus, I want to avoid dealing with failing cells as less frequent as possible.

Last edited:
When had our pool/swcg installed in 2004, the warranty on the T-15 cell was 5 years. That cell died in 2008 and was replaced by the builder, under the pro rated warranty, with a T-15 cell with a 3 year warranty. Then that cell was replaced in 2015 with a T-15 cell bought from Amazon with a 3 year warranty. This cell is now nearing the end if it’s life, and now it seems if I buy again from Amazon I’ll get a 1 year warranty (if some complaints are believed, then maybe NO warranty if bought online from anyone).

The warranty situation is just sad. ☹

Yeah, my t-cell-15 that I received (supposed to be a W3t-cell-15) has a serial number starts with 1E. Can a T-cell-15 has one yr warranty?

Edit: You should get 1 yr from Amazon, plus, if I am not wrong, you can return in 90 days. 1 yr or 3 yr, i am ok with their policy, just make it clear for buyers.

When a cell is replaced under warranty, Hayward replaces the original cell with a 1 year warranty cell.

The cells that start with 1E are usually supposed to be for replacing a 3E cell that fails under the three year warranty.

So mine was a warranty replacement? Hmm... I thought something was odd. Dont those those come with the “w” at the end? Anyway, does the warranty replacement cell work the same, and more importantly, last around 3 yrs like the regular one?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.