Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi all,

First post here! Here is a detailed overview:
  • In Oct of last year (2021) - 7 months ago - I purchased and installed the SwimPure Extreme and T-15 SWG ($1600). I did this because upon removing the cell and trying to clean it, the corrosion would not come off so I figured way not replace the entire system. (Purchased this home in Sept).
  • It has been working great until about 2 weeks ago when my average salt reading dropped to 800 ppm, the Check Salt and Inspect Cell light came on continuously.
  • I immediately turned it off, took the cell off and cleaned it 4/1 water-muriatic acid on its stand per Hayward's suggestion.
  • I reinstalled the cell, followed the reset procedures and then got a reading of 1900 with the Check Salt and Inspect Lights still illuminated.
  • I tested my salinity level with salt test trips and contistenly (3 times in 3 days) got a reading of around 3400 ppm. Most recently as of last night around 3300 ppm.
  • I followed basic troubleshooting steps of recalibrating the panel. Sometimes this would clear the Check Salt and Inspect Lights and show the panel Generating but shortly after that (within an hour), it would default back to its old ways illuminating both lights.
  • At times it also shows an average salt PPM of 0, again very erratic.
  • I've called Hayward several times and also followed their troubleshooting steps to no avail. They've referred me to local service centers, but none of them pick up their phone and if they do, claim they don't take service calls.
  • I've also reinstalled the cell; taken the panel cover off and back on.
  • Another odd behavior is that the default diagnostic reading is now the Output % and not the average salinity
Stats:
  • Panel reading with pump ON:
    • Avg Salinity - 1900
    • Water temp - 82
    • Cell V - 31.6
    • Cell A - 0.00
    • Output - 48P
    • Instant Salinity - 0
    • AL-4
    • r 1.59
    • t-15
  • Panel reading with pump OFF:
    • Avg Salinity - 2700
    • Water temp - 82
    • Cell V - 32.1
    • Cell A - 0.00
    • Output - 48P
    • Instant Salinity - 0
    • AL-4
    • r 1.59
    • t-15
  • Panel reading immediately after resetting (going Off and back to Auto)
    • Avg Salinity - 1900
    • Water temp - 82
    • Cell V - 25.7
    • Cell A - 7.07
    • Output - 48P
    • Instant Salinity -3500
    • AL-4
    • r 1.59
    • t-15

What do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_4560.jpg
    IMG_4560.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

Your SWG should be wired so that it is not powered when the pump is off.

Also I think your flow switch is bad. Do you show the NO FLOW light when the pump is off?

Your SWG being on when the pump is off is skewing your average salinity and causing your problems.

Hello,
Thanks for the quick reply. In my previous comment, the reading I was referring to was with the panel being off not the pump. I just turned off the pump and the power and no flow light are illuminated.

Pump Off- Power is Green, No Flow is Red
48p
Al-4
R 1.59
T-15

Pump on - (for now) Power and Generating are green
48p
Al-4
R 1.59
T-15

Your SWG panel should not be powered with the pump off.

The flow switch is a secondary safety mechanism.

The Swimpure Installation Manual says “Wire the SwimPure Plus to the LOAD SIDE of the filter pump timer. It is very important that the SwimPure Plus is powered only when the pump is running.”

Got it. I’ve been using the pump timer and bypassing/leaving on always the intermatic timer that is in between. It is wired to the intermatic timer. I’ll start using the intermatic timer instead. Would that explain the Check Salt and Inspect Cells kicking on intermittently?

I still think your flow switch may be sticking on.

Get the SWG power cycling properly and see if the glitches disappear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.