Navarre/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a new inground pool that was being maintained for three months for free by the installer's pool cleaning company. It was always a cringe moment every time the Pool Guy came because I knew he was going to treat my pool for a week and not on a daily basis like TFP. Well it is over and I wanted to share some things I learned about my equipment since I have taken everything over. Hopefully my experience will help someone else.

Cleaning Filter - The first thing I did was take apart the swimclear filter and clean the four CX875REM cartridges in it. I wanted to do this since this was a brand new system and it had not been cleaned since the pool was filled three months ago. All I could think of was that the filter was full of left over crud in the pipes, pebbletec plaster, and gunite pieces. I wanted it to filter like new, so I wanted to restore it to new.
  1. Taking it apart - I opened the relief valve on top and unscrewed the drain plug at the bottom. The drain plug was a bit inconvenient around plumbing but doable. Once water stopped draining, I had to get a wrench and a 3/4" socket to undo the band around the filter. This is probably the least user-friendly filter that I have ever seen. Instead of just using a screw on band, you literally have to use a wrench. Once the band was off, you separate the two halves of the filter and remove the manifold on top of the four filters. Then it is a matter of taking out each filter and cleaning them.
  2. It was a mess to clean - I was right. The filter compartment and the filters were full of pebbles and junk. I cleaned each filter with an AQUA COMB purchased off of Amazon. Best tool ever! I washed the debris from the filter compartment using a hose and spraying it out the drain hole. IF YOU HAVE A NEW POOL, DEFINITELY CLEAN THE FILTER AFTER A FEW MONTHS TO REMOVE THE STARTUP GUNK.
  3. Putting it back together - Should be easy right? Just reverse the steps and you should be golden. Wrong! When I did the obvious and turned back on the pump, water sprayed out of the filter from the middle band like crazy. No matter how tight I set the band, water still leaked. So read the manual right? Well since this was put in by Blue Haven, Hayward makes special filter models for them. Manuals are not easy to find. However according to instructions for a C4030 filter, you were supposed to only tighten to 150 inlb. Who the heck has a torque wrench that is in-lbs and is large enough to hand 3/4" nut? Ugh! So I took it apart again and put it back together thinking maybe something didn't sit just right. Leaks again! So I took off the lid and wiped the edge until it was clean of any possible dust. I took off the gasket from the bottom half and did the same on the bottom ledge. Put back on the gasket and put it back together. No leaks! Lesson learned: WHEN YOU REASSEMBLE YOUR FILTER, WIPE OFF THE RIMS OF THE TWO CONTAINER HALVES FROM ANY DUST.
End of story. Filter is back together. Clean as a whistle, and working fantastic. Hopefully your experience will be much more easier than mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.