Hayward support

Alexr54

Jun 17, 2015
Florida
Just curious if its just my luck or this is the way it is now.
I called Hayward a few times to look for some support since i recently changed my main board from a MAIN to a PRO. From the decommissioned aqualogic to the prologic.
I ran into a few issues and was hoping for their support. When i called i was told they do not do phone tech support any longer and just sent me an Email link to their FAQ page.

Is it just my luck? Maybe i got someone who does not feel like helping on the phone? Or is this the new norm with them?

Last edited:
Hate to say that unless you are a retailer for them you will not have any luck.I tried to get with them about a issue I had with my 4 yr old pump.They responded by email with a local list of there retailers to buy from them.Ugg ..

I recently had a question about my ProLogic system, and I sent an email to their support team. I got a reply back that had a link to the ProLogic owner's manual..basically saying Read the manual. I responded and called them out for just sending a link rather than reading my question and providing a real answer. I did receive another reply (apparently from a different support person) who actually did answer my question. It wasn't the answer I wanted to hear, but at least it was an answer to my specific question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kplaster
I contacted Hayward through their Facebook page several months ago and was quickly given an email address to use to address my issue. The tech I contacted was top notch and responded quickly.

Well after all my issues with Hayward I have made the decision to never buy Hayward again.
when it comes time to upgrade my equipment and automation system. I will explicitly avoid Hayward.
I wish I knew this when I just started fixing up my stuff. Instead of replacing and upgrading existing equipment I should have switched entirely.

Hayward support may be hit or miss. Their warranties are almost useless. Their products use antiquated technology. They are not DIY friendly at all.
And they charge a premium for any little thing they sell.
Bye from me Hayward. So long.
Hello pentair.

Alex,

Feel better now???

I am not a Hayward fan, but I doubt you will see any difference in the three major brands.. They all have the same basic warranties, because they compete against one another. I doubt you will get any better tech support, as all the brands have good and bad techs.. I see identical reports about Jandy and Pentair.

As always, it is your money and you should spend it where you want.. :thumleft:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I do feel better. At least i know what the future holds. No more hayward.
Pentair intellicenter looks good. Wish i went in that direction to begin with.
Even newer Hayward tech is just old from all the research ive done. Getitng even their newest automation system to work with voice/alexa is a nightmare from what ive read and their interfaces are not really intuitive.
Most of my house is smart house. My pool is way behind and still is even with changing my aqualogic to a prologoic. Its better but still feels like 2005 tech not even close to 2020.
The cost of changing the aqualogic to prologic would have gotten me most of the way to a pentair intellicenter. I have already slapped myself on the head for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.