Hayward SP1091WM, did I get the correct basket?

joseywales

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2009
Exton, PA
We had a heater installed and they switched out our skimmer and basket. I believe the skimmer is a Hayward SP1091WM, which is round, but the basket seems oval shaped. The installer wasn't prepared and I believe ran to a local store to get parts (long story). I'm wondering if this basket came with the skimmer, or if he bought it separate and it's not the correct one. It seems ok, but I 'm just curious. I was always told, round hole, round peg :)

So long as the basket fits down inside the skimmer hole and the flange does not have any gaps to allow stuff go get through you are good. If you wanted to do a search for your skimmer model and see what the basket should look like you can but...........so long as this one works I would call it good.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kimkats. I've done a search, but it's so hard to see detail. I use a sock, so that gets in the way if where the gaps might be. I'll have to line it up, without the sock. BTW, I have two, new, spare round baskets that also seem to fit, so I'm good. Just agitated at this point...

Side track, any reason baskets keep breaking on me? I've gone through 3 in 8 years. I was leaving a river stone in there, because whenever the pump shut off the basket would pop up and out of place. I guess that could have been it, but hard to imagine that would be enough. Now I run the pump 24/7, so no stone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.