Hayward Sb error code

Aug 11, 2014
St Louis mo
I got an “Sb” (stuck button) error code on my Hayward H350 pool heater after a driving rainstorm totalling over 6”. After reading a bunch of research, I replaced the keypad, but the error code reappeared. Any thoughts on what else I might do? Thanks for any suggestions.

Bruce

I got an “Sb” (stuck button) error code on my Hayward H350 pool heater after a driving rainstorm totalling over 6”. After reading a bunch of research, I replaced the keypad, but the error code reappeared. Any thoughts on what else I might do? Thanks for any suggestions.

Bruce
Might try a hairdryer to be sure there is no moisture on the board shorting the contact points. Don't linger in one spot or damage could be done.

Might try a hairdryer to be sure there is no moisture on the board shorting the contact points. Don't linger in one spot or damage could be done.
Thanks for the tip. I don’t know if there was moisture involved on the circuit board, but there was a bit of cobweb material between the four contacts where the keypad ribbon connects to the display board (and also a few other places on the board). These were easier to see using a magnifying glass. After using the hair dryer discreetly on the whole board, I brushed all the cobweb material away from the board using a soft toothbrush and reassembled everything. Voila! Everything works as it should. Thanks again for the quick and helpful response.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.