Hayward Salt and Swim 3C standby led blinking

Re: Hayward Salt and Swim 3C standby led blinking

Welcome to the forum!

There is a TroubleShooting assistant on the Hayward website.
With your condition, it states the unit thinks your water temperature is out of range -- either below 50F or above 120F.

It says to override this, to press the Superchlorinate button. It will override for 24 hours.

Or, Unplug the system and wait for two minutes. Restore power. If the condition still persists consult Hayward Technical Support by dialing 855-429-9274 (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm EST).

Hope that helps =--

Marty

Thanks, guys! I hit superchlorinate because the old SWG hadn't been working at all and it's superchlorinating now. We've been in this house with the pool for 3 years now but I wish I'd have found this forum sooner. Wealth of information and I'm sure I'll be back with other inevitable problems.

The last Salt and Swim was giving us Problem detected with led 4 blinking. On Hayward’s troubleshooting site, it says to powercycle the control panel. I had done this with the last one to no avail and apparently the pool guys didn’t fix the problem before installing the new control panel Because it’s giving us the same error. I called Hayward tech support but they just referred me back to the owners manual. I can’t get an answer to this problem and I’m about to lose my mind. Is this a problem with the salt cell? We replaced the actual cell last summer so I didn’t think it would be an issue.

Re:  Hayward Salt and Swim 3C standby led blinking

ive got the same issue.problem detected and #4 led flashing.intermittantly it the standby led will flash on for a second but back to problem detected.same rsult with Hayward tech support.today i sent a video clip to them.hopefully we can get it solved.this will be the 4th season of use.same cartridge.16x28 kidney inground.

Reactions: musicats78
Re:  Hayward Salt and Swim 3C standby led blinking

ive got the same issue.problem detected and #4 led flashing.intermittantly it the standby led will flash on for a second but back to problem detected.same rsult with Hayward tech support.today i sent a video clip to them.hopefully we can get it solved.this will be the 4th season of use.same cartridge.16x28 kidney inground.

Turns out it was a defective cartridge. Problem was fixed with a new one. Hopefully, this one lasts longer. Did you get your problem figured out?

The last Salt and Swim was giving us Problem detected with led 4 blinking. On Hayward’s troubleshooting site, it says to powercycle the control panel. I had done this with the last one to no avail and apparently the pool guys didn’t fix the problem before installing the new control panel Because it’s giving us the same error. I called Hayward tech support but they just referred me back to the owners manual. I can’t get an answer to this problem and I’m about to lose my mind. Is this a problem with the salt cell? We replaced the actual cell last summer so I didn’t think it would be an issue.
I just installed a new above ground pool with a Hayward Salt N Swim 3C, i also had the #4 LED blinking and the Problem Indicator light on. When i went through the initial calibration process all ten lights lit one at a time as they should. I shut the filter pump off as required and the low flow indicator came on. I turned the filter pump back on and the low flow light went out. The problem indicator light stayed on and the #4 LED continued to blink. I called Hayward support after powering the unit on and off did not fix the issue. They immediately knew it was a faulty cell. I guess the cell temperature scensor was not working. I happened have a back up cell on hand. Switched out the cell and voila we are now chlorinating :) . Hope this helps anyone else out there with the same issue. Hayward is sending a replacement cell under warranty. (cell was brand new) They said the new cell is on back order so could be a few months. Uhgg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.