Hayward S210T with Vari-Flow XL - Won't backwash

Stonehouse

May 26, 2019
SE Wisconsin
I just replaced this valve, it is brand new. The valve functions smoothly and seems to function normally in every position except backwash, where there is just a trickle that comes through the waste port. The pool is really dirty so I can't say for certain whether the "filtered" water is clear or dirty. But, the flow through the unit seems good and and there do not seem to be any vacuum or air leaks in the plumbing. A few days ago I opened the sand filter and rinsed it out. The water in the filter looked pretty lousy but a lot of Crud came out and although it wasn't running completely clear, it was substantially better when I put everything back together. The only thing I can think of remaining is the lateral assembly either being damaged or clogged. Before I take everything apart again to inspect, is there anything else I should be checking or am I on the right track with the lateral assembly issue?

Reactions: JBird66
full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.