Hiram, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a Hayward remote that has a salt reading display. I’m doing a water exchange and I have the breaker to the filter turned off so that it won’t kick on if the temperature drops at night. It still displays that the filter is on and has a salt water reading.

My question is: is the salt water reading correct, since the filter isn’t actually running? It isn’t changing even though I’ve exchanged about 10,000 gallons of water?

Is it the Average Salinity or the Instant Salinity?

Does the System Show "Flow" or "No Flow"?

If the system shows "Flow" when there is no flow, then the cell can run and possibly explode due to a buildup of chlorine gas and hydrogen gas.

If the system shows "Flow" when there is no flow, then you probably have a bad flow switch.

Go into Service Mode and shut the pump and SWG off.

BTW, if you have a Hayward SWG (which is not listed in your signature) the salt reading is not correct or accurate even when the pump is running. Hayward systems do not have a salinity sensor.

BTW, if you have a Hayward SWG (which is not listed in your signature) the salt reading is not correct or accurate even when the pump is running. Hayward systems do not have a salinity sensor.

The Hayward salinity measurement is as accurate as the Jandy or Pentair.

The sensors use conductivity, so the Hayward sensor is as much a salinity sensor as the Jandy or Pentair.

The Hayward salinity measurement is as accurate as the Jandy or Pentair.

The sensors use conductivity, so the Hayward sensor is as much a salinity sensor as the Jandy or Pentair.
That is a new position from all of your discussion about Hayward cell performance and how Hayward salinity measurements drift with cell usage.

Or do you just like saying black when I say white?

That is a new position from all of your discussion about Hayward cell performance and how Hayward salinity measurements drift with cell usage.
The salinity measurement is accurate when the cell is new and in good condition.

It does drift off when the cell begins to fail.

In any case, all salinity measurements are calculated by measurements of current, voltage and temperature.

The Aquarite does not have a dedicated salinity sensor, but it does not means that it does not measure salinity.

A system like the Jandy TruClear has no actual way to measure salinity, so that it would be accurate to say that it does not provide a salinity measurement.

The salinity measurement is accurate when the cell is new and in good condition.

It does drift off when the cell begins to fail.

In any case, all salinity measurements are calculated by measurements of current, voltage and temperature.

The Aquarite does not have a dedicated salinity sensor, but it does not means that it does not measure salinity.

A system like the Jandy TruClear has no actual way to measure salinity, so that it would be accurate to say that it does not provide a salinity measurement.
Good. Pick your words carefully or next you will be saying all SWG salinity measurements are the same since they all use electricity.

As you well know they are not and Hayward Aquarite systems have the most unreliable salt readings.

Reactions: JamesW