Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hey everyone,
I tried turning on my pump yesterday and I could hear a humming noise but the pump would not draw any water. The pump was not new when I moved here in 2013, so it has definitely had a good run.
It’s a 3/4 HP and the model number is 5KCR39PN2906AX.
I did some reading and tried taking the back cover off to get access to the big screw. I tried to spin it with a screwdriver but I could not make that thing budge.
I’m wondering what my options are. I don’t mind taking the pump apart if there is a chance I can get it to work. Thoughts?
Cory

Attachments

• F2A1D3D0-F3D4-4FF0-A4A2-7CAFC8333DBF.jpeg
    F2A1D3D0-F3D4-4FF0-A4A2-7CAFC8333DBF.jpeg
    749.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 83149C62-1B58-458B-8C6E-ADB1C94B5906.jpeg
    83149C62-1B58-458B-8C6E-ADB1C94B5906.jpeg
    719.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DA1F2EC9-1083-4422-BADB-5EF6F7B72AE4.jpeg
    DA1F2EC9-1083-4422-BADB-5EF6F7B72AE4.jpeg
    497.9 KB · Views: 8
Good morning! That old single speed beast appears to be from 2007 and has certainly seen its better days. If it were me, I would hold a private ceremony out in the backyard putting it to rest and thanking it for its many years of faithful service. :salut: Then I would replace it with a more efficient variable speed pump. :)

Reactions: JamesW
Hey everyone,
I tried turning on my pump yesterday and I could hear a humming noise but the pump would not draw any water. The pump was not new when I moved here in 2013, so it has definitely had a good run.
It’s a 3/4 HP and the model number is 5KCR39PN2906AX.
I did some reading and tried taking the back cover off to get access to the big screw. I tried to spin it with a screwdriver but I could not make that thing budge.
I’m wondering what my options are. I don’t mind taking the pump apart if there is a chance I can get it to work. Thoughts?
Cory
That number is the motor number, not the pump model. Looks to be a Hayward Super 2 but would need to see the front of the pump.
Not sure how that motor lasted the last ten years with a seal leak like that. GE motors on pool pumps were junk anyway, that's a replacement.
If you want to keep the pump, a Nidec NPTT125 motor with the appropriate GO kit (seal, O ring, etc.) will bolt to the wet end. Your existing timer won't be used as the motor has a built-in time clock and would need to be powered at all times.

Good morning! That old single speed beast appears to be from 2007 and has certainly seen its better days. If it were me, I would hold a private ceremony out in the backyard putting it to rest and thanking it for its many years of faithful service. :salut: Then I would replace it with a more efficient variable speed pump. :)
Haha, yes that motor and pump have definitely put their time in...thanks for your help!

Reactions: Texas Splash
I had that problem when I left my motor connected over the winter. I removed it and manually was able to turn the shaft with a couple of squirts of WD40..reinstalled and had no probs afterwards......until the bearings went 2 years later...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.