Hayward PowerFlo Matrix Pump Humming

ucfdart

Nov 2, 2021
Orlando
Hello,

I have a Hayward PowerFlo Matrix Pump (1.5HP, 115V) that is only a few months old. The other day when I went to turn it on, it only made a humming sound and was not working (it was only off for about two days. I usually run it for 8 hours a day). After a few seconds, it shut off. I believe this is because it overheated and shut itself off.

I did some research about what the problems could be. One was the possibility of rust inside and the other was a bad capacitor. I was able to spin the shaft easily with a screwdriver, and did not hear anything that could indicate rust inside. As for a capacitor, I don't think this model has one (at least, I cannot find it). Any ideas on what the problem could be? I'd hate to have to buy a new pump / motor after only a few months.

Appreciate any insight!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You are correct in that these PowerFlo motors don't have a capacitor like other model motors. There's a word for motors like that but it left my brain :brickwall: . Maybe @mas985 can refresh my memory. But at only a few months old, you should be able to contact the seller for some assistance or an exchange I would think.

By the way, I sent you a PM. :)

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.