Bronze Supporter
Apr 25, 2017
LIBERTYVILLE Il.
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all,

I've been running an Aquabug in our 41x20 AG pool for 6 years. Its performance from the start has been ok but not impressive. I've repaired it a few times over the years and it's currently not working and is disassembled. I'm considering replacing it rather than rebuilding it. I haven't been able to find information on the performance difference between the Hayward suction side vacuums. They all seem to be basically the same but the price variation is substantial ($199 / $379 / $595). I don't mind paying for high performance if it's there.

Thanks in advance

Hello all,

I've been running an Aquabug in our 41x20 AG pool for 6 years. Its performance from the start has been ok but not impressive. I've repaired it a few times over the years and it's currently not working and is disassembled. I'm considering replacing it rather than rebuilding it. I haven't been able to find information on the performance difference between the Hayward suction side vacuums. They all seem to be basically the same but the price variation is substantial ($199 / $379 / $595). I don't mind paying for high performance if it's there.

Thanks in advance
You can't beat the Aquabug for low impact on your liner and price. Years back I had an expensive robot that would halfway climb the walls of my 18x33 above ground pool. It did an okay job but it put 2 holes in the liner where by hitting the wall where it is screwed together with the screws and nuts in the reinforcing plate. I sold it on craigslist and went back to the Aquabug.

Aquabug is designed to clean a pool like yours with minimal impact to the liner. The other two are inground cleaners. An inground vinyl pool will have a heavier gauge liner than your pool and can handle the more heavy duty cleaner. They are also designed to climb walls and could cause problems for your liner. You're best if you stay with what you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.