Aquabot Reva vs Hayward Sharkvac XL

dmb3sge

Jan 25, 2023
South America
Hello guys,
I was wondering what were your thoughts on those 2 robots, I know they are not in the same category I mean the Sharkvac XL is pretty old technology but I live in South America so I got limited options. From what I've been able to research the Sharvac XL doesn't have any problems cleaning the whole pool, though it only filters 5 microns so some debris falls down when you retrieve it from the pool, this could be an issue for me because I got plenty of dust sitting on the pool's floor and that's the main reason for the pool cleaner. The information on the REVA is limited I haven't been able to find any independent review on Youtube ( the pool nerd guy loves it ) and Amazon's reviews are mixed some people say it works great, other say that coverage is poor and that there isn't any kind of smart mapping of the pool, the thing just goes and cleans randomly, it does anything equal or above 2 microns so that's great but if it has issues cleaning the whole the pool well that's a problem though my pool is pretty straight forward just rectangle with a couple of steps, no stairs, no odd shapes, maybe the guys leaving the negative reviews had odd shape pools? ... I dunno anways I'd appreciate any feedback.

Hello guys,
I was wondering what were your thoughts on those 2 robots, I know they are not in the same category I mean the Sharkvac XL is pretty old technology but I live in South America so I got limited options. From what I've been able to research the Sharvac XL doesn't have any problems cleaning the whole pool, though it only filters 5 microns so some debris falls down when you retrieve it from the pool, this could be an issue for me because I got plenty of dust sitting on the pool's floor and that's the main reason for the pool cleaner. The information on the REVA is limited I haven't been able to find any independent review on Youtube ( the pool nerd guy loves it ) and Amazon's reviews are mixed some people say it works great, other say that coverage is poor and that there isn't any kind of smart mapping of the pool, the thing just goes and cleans randomly, it does anything equal or above 2 microns so that's great but if it has issues cleaning the whole the pool well that's a problem though my pool is pretty straight forward just rectangle with a couple of steps, no stairs, no odd shapes, maybe the guys leaving the negative reviews had odd shape pools? ... I dunno anways I'd appreciate any feedback.
dmb,
I know nothing of the Reva. I own a Hayward SharkVac XL, so I'll just comment on it. We had a 14' x 34' fiberglass pool installed in August of 2022. The pool builder used Hayward equipment, so the SharkVac was included in my start-up package. I've used this vac at least 2 times per week since August. We didn't close our pool down for the winter, so as long as the water temperature is above 50 degrees (F), I run it. I think that it does a really good job. The 5 micron thing - I'm sure all of that is true, but I've not noticed any debris settling on the bottom of the pool after the vacuum has ran a full cycle, and I retrieve it from the pool. The cycle is 2 hours, I think, and there is plenty of cord to accommodate a much larger pool than mine. Clean-up is very simple. 2 full size filters and two smaller blue pad filters are easy to access and a few seconds in front of a garden hose will get them clean. I'm sure there are better robots out there, Reva may be one of them, but I would have no problem buying another SharkVac, when this one calls it quits. I hope this is helpful. my friend.

dmb,
I know nothing of the Reva. I own a Hayward SharkVac XL, so I'll just comment on it. We had a 14' x 34' fiberglass pool installed in August of 2022. The pool builder used Hayward equipment, so the SharkVac was included in my start-up package. I've used this vac at least 2 times per week since August. We didn't close our pool down for the winter, so as long as the water temperature is above 50 degrees (F), I run it. I think that it does a really good job. The 5 micron thing - I'm sure all of that is true, but I've not noticed any debris settling on the bottom of the pool after the vacuum has ran a full cycle, and I retrieve it from the pool. The cycle is 2 hours, I think, and there is plenty of cord to accommodate a much larger pool than mine. Clean-up is very simple. 2 full size filters and two smaller blue pad filters are easy to access and a few seconds in front of a garden hose will get them clean. I'm sure there are better robots out there, Reva may be one of them, but I would have no problem buying another SharkVac, when this one calls it quits. I hope this is helpful. my friend.
thanks for the reply buddy! nobody seems to have tried Reva first hand, anyways it seems like the SharkVac XL should do the trick, here's a picture of my pool, nothing fancy, it's 13'x24' I was considering rebuilding it, I got a quote to make it 13'x32' but I guess that's a conversation for another thread :D

pool.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Toe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.