Hayward pool/spa heater

Jeff Murphy

Sep 26, 2021
Cincinnati
I don’t have a spa. But my heater has a spa mode. In pool mode it only allows me to turn the temperature up to 90°. On spa mode it allows me to go higher. Can I use spa mode to heat my pool to a higher temperature without having to make any adjustments? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Malisha
I don’t have a spa. But my heater has a spa mode. In pool mode it only allows me to turn the temperature up to 90°. On spa mode it allows me to go higher. Can I use spa mode to heat my pool to a higher temperature without having to make any adjustments? Thanks in advance
Hi Jeff, did you switch to spa mode to heat up your pool past 90. We tried this yesterday and loved it, however husband is concerned maybe something mechanical could occur. Any feedback on your previous thread question is greatly appreciated!

Hi Jeff, did you switch to spa mode to heat up your pool past 90. We tried this yesterday and loved it, however husband is concerned maybe something mechanical could occur. Any feedback on your previous thread question is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to TFP.

It is fine to use SPA mode to heat the pool. Nothing bad will happen to the heater.

Enjoy your swim!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.