Hayward Pool Automation Questions

azchick

Aug 22, 2022
Arizona
Hi Everyone :)
Background story: Our pool was started over a year ago - we contracted it through our home builder (since he was building our house and had a pool builder that he worked with). In November 2021, our Pool builder passed away. He was almost done with the installing the plumbing and the rebar was installed. Since that time, the home builder has been piecemealing the rest of the work out to different contractors. We're at the point now where we need an automation system installed, as well as the items in the attached estimate.

I’ve been attempting to research everything as much as I can since we've had so many different people come and go (or never show up - or say they will do things and don't) - and it's difficult to get a straight answer from most. Also, our home builder doesn't seem to know anything about pool building. My understanding is that we have Hayward equipment (except for 2 Pentair bubblers) and we would like to have everything automated (so I can control everything on a phone app). We have an in-floor cleaning system with 23 cleaning heads, a bench/wall with three 12” sheer-descent waterfalls, 2 bubblers and a light. It is chlorine and has an in-deck chlorinator. We do not have a spa. Does anyone here know what Hayward automation system would best fit our needs? Also, does the attached estimate look reasonable (we live in southern Arizona)? Do we need the "Full Automation" AND the "Base Automation"? Would another less expensive Hayward Automation system suffice? Is there anything else I should be looking at? I would truly appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you so much!

20220822_122306.jpg20220822_122346.jpg20220822_122417.jpg20220822_122357.jpg20220822_122620.jpgEstimate for Pool Automation_Duplicate_8.22.22_pic.jpg

Welcome to TFP.

You should ask for the name of the automation system.

I think you should get the OmniPL system although the OmniHub will probably work ok for you.

I suspect a SWG will be in your future. How do you intend to chlorinate your pool?

What model pool lights do you have?

Hayward_Omni_Family_Capabilities.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.