toddhutch

Dec 3, 2021
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have a variable speed pump that is used for 2 features. Those two features we wanted to automate in a way that we can have each on by it's self, or both on. I'll attach a photo of how it's plumbed.
20220531_155446_crop.jpg

The issue is programming each of the 3 options for the features:

1) fountain only to be ON the closest valve need to be fountain on, and the valve in the back needs to be off.
2) waterfall only to be ON the closest valve needs to be waterfall on, and the valve in the back can be off or on it doesn't matter.
3) Both to be ON the closest valve needs to be fountain on, and the valve in the back needs to be on.

How I was hoping to program this was using two features, one named fountain, and the other named waterfall.
I was hoping that turning either of these on would start the feature variable speed pump, but turning one off wouldn't turn off the pump, but if both were turned off it would.

My guess at the controller setting would be waterfall would only control the far valve, and the fountain would control the closest valve. But I don't know how to program in the pump.

Best regards,
Todd

Programming the valve states and pump speed would be best achieved by using themes. So for example, with scenario 1. From the Omnilogic app, set the closet valve to on and the valve in the back to off. Set your pump to the speed that you would like to for this scenario. Once all of the equipment is in the state that you want it to be, go to the theme section of the app and press add new. This basically takes a snapshot of all the equipment states. You can name the theme and give it an icon. Then do this for the other two scenarios. If your lights run through the omnilogic, you can even set the same type of themes again but for a night theme by doing the same as before but with the lights set to on and color chosen if they are color led’s.

Now to run the theme you go to the theme section of the app and turn it on. You can also set the theme to run for a certain amount of time or even have themes run on a schedule. Finally, for the feature variable speed pump, it will return to its schedule after the theme is turned off. If it has no schedule set to it, it should return to an off state. You can test to be sure.

Hope this helps.

I am working on a similar issue. I can not figure out how to set a valve 'on' or 'off' (position a or b) using omnilogic. I'm able to select the valve in the feature config but can't find an option to set it on or off , or position a or b. There is nothing in the documentation and I can't find anything on the internet that explains how to do this. Does selecting a valve in feature setup just change it's state from what it currently is (from on to off, or from a to b)? I think I'm missing something.

Thank you

Jack

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.