Hayward OmniLogic light issues after FW update [Solution]

xnappo

Aug 4, 2018
Austin
Hi All,

Just posting this for anyone else who may run into it. I have a Hayward Omnilogic system with UCL lights. After updating my firmware to 4.x my lights started behaving very strangely. They would flicker off and on sometimes, or would transition colors suddenly instead of gradually. The relay would also kick on and off randomly.

The issue turned out to be that my installer put the 'Lights' feature for the same relay in both the Pool and Spa(there is only one light circuit). Something in the firmware must have changed that made this an issue with the pool and spa 'fighting' each other. Going into the Spa configuration and deleting the light feature resolved the issue.

Hope this helps someone else.

xnappo

Reactions: ScottieBones
Hi All,

Just posting this for anyone else who may run into it. I have a Hayward Omnilogic system with UCL lights. After updating my firmware to 4.x my lights started behaving very strangely. They would flicker off and on sometimes, or would transition colors suddenly instead of gradually. The relay would also kick on and off randomly.

The issue turned out to be that my installer put the 'Lights' feature for the same relay in both the Pool and Spa(there is only one light circuit). Something in the firmware must have changed that made this an issue with the pool and spa 'fighting' each other. Going into the Spa configuration and deleting the light feature resolved the issue.

xnappo
Hi Xnappo,
Thank you for sharing this fix. After 12 months of frustration and thinking I had to replace the main board or the cables or the light transformer, this simple fix has resolved the issue!

Cheers

Hi All,

xnappo
Hi what do you mean by spa configuration? In the app on thr controller ? Also once you delete the light feature how do you control them? Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.