Hayward Omnilogic Alarms

KevJB

Apr 28, 2021
Atlanta, Ga.
Anyone have any ideas what these alarms mean?

Alarm at Oct 6, 2021 15:06:15, Reason:CHLOR Relay K1 Stuck Open Chlorinator1.
Alarm at Oct 6, 2021 15:06:15, Reason:T-CELL Current Sensor Short Chlorinator1.

Alarm at Oct 6, 2021 15:06:15, Reason:CHLOR Relay K2 Stuck Open Chlorinator1.

They clear by themselves - sounds like a mainboard issue to me.
Any help appreciated.

Need to determine if this is just bad firmware IMO. The warranty claim will just drag out the process of getting it resolved accurately. What would you claim? Board or cell? As someone in this forum has pointed out, the error codes are not even listed in the trouble shooting doc. In particular, if the alarms are intermittent, how would a tech troubleshoot?

Claim both and let Hayward sort it out.

K1 & K2 relay problems are on the board.

Current sensor short is also probably a board problem.

Hayward_OnmiLogic_Board_Labeled.png

In particular, if the alarms are intermittent, how would a tech troubleshoot?
Take pictures of the alarms for reference and then let Hayward figure out what the problem is.

You don't have to claim what the specific problem is if you do not know.

Check the cell cord plug, the 20amp chlorinator fuse, the 4amp transformer fuse, the transformer, and the rectifiers.

If those are all OK, check the back of the board for burn marks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. The errors are intermittent. If the fuses, rectifiers, etc., are blown, the problem would remain. I have something else going on here. Removing the board and checking the back side is something I will not do - that’s for Hayward. If my warranty period was up, I would have no problem doing.
After my experience with Hayward technical support, I’m hesitant to contact. I was hoping to get more info here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.