T-CELL Current Sensor Short/Relay K1 Stuck Open

wondershozen44

Jul 19, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
My T-Cell stop chlorinating a couple days ago with the following error messages:

T-CELL Current Sensor Short Chlorinator1
CHLOR Relay K1 Stuck Open Chlorinator1
CHLOR Relay K2 Stuck Open Chlorinator1
CHLOR Too Low Salt Chlorinator1

I cleaned out the cell with acid as usual but that did not clear these messages and the salt levels are testing at 3300ppm. I tried to re-seat the cable to the OmniLogic controller panel and it looks like the plug shorted out (see below).

Questions:
1. Can the plug/cable be replaced? I looks like it's all one piece that cannot be removed from the cell.
2. Is it worth getting a service tech to come out and look at it or should I just replace the entire cell? My current cell is a little over 3 years old.

Last edited:
**Update**

Following some info I found on the thread below I was able to splice the burnt out plug with a new one from DigiKey. Although the T-Cell connector board visually looked like it was not damaged I replaced the HLX-PCB-TCELL as well for good measure. The splice was successful but unfortunately I am getting the same Sensor Short/Relay Stuck Open error messages. If I reverse the polarity I can get the SWG to turn on for about a minute but it eventually errors out.

I checked with my local pool store and they refused to test salt cells with a shorted or spliced plug. Looks like I'll be in the market for a new T-Cell this winter.

T Cell 15 Issue

76650-0078 Molex | Kits | DigiKey

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.