Hayward No Flow on Low Speed - Works on High

Jun 12, 2012
Hi All,

So 2 days ago my T-Cell-15 chlorinator stopped working (I have the Prologin Panel and rigid plumbing). For reference, I installed everything brand new late July last year so it has <4 months total use on everything.

I am getting the error "chlorinator off - no flow". I pulled the board and checked and all the solder points looked fine. I then took the flow switch out and tested it and it also works fine. I then tried turning my pump on high (I never use high speed) and it got flow and chlorinator turned on.

So, I backwashed the sand filter (I had done it about 1.5 weeks ago due to the pollen) and tried again and same situation. I am seeing ~4 psi on low and ~14 psi on high. I run the pump 6 hours overnight on low and have done so for the 3 months last year and the 1 month so far this year - salt chlorinator always worked, never had an issue with flow. Now it only senses flow on high.

Here is my plumbing setup - the flow switch is installed directly in front of the salt cell and the arrows are pointing towards the pool.

20190722_200927-------.jpg

Thoughts?!?

Thank you!

Nick,

Not sure why there would be a difference between last year and this year, but either you have good flow or not..

If you can feel a good flow of water coming back to the pool, then the flow switch should close..

You know the circuity works, as the switch closes in High speed... I would replace the flow switch.

If you are doubtful about the amount of flow coming back to the pool, I would make sure the cell has not been partially clogged with something, or maybe that something has gotten in the pump's impeller..

I really like the base material for your pool.. Very professional looking. :thumleft:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Nick,

Not sure why there would be a difference between last year and this year, but either you have good flow or not..

If you can feel a good flow of water coming back to the pool, then the flow switch should close..

You know the circuity works, as the switch closes in High speed... I would replace the flow switch.

If you are doubtful about the amount of flow coming back to the pool, I would make sure the cell has not been partially clogged with something, or maybe that something has gotten in the pump's impeller..

I really like the base material for your pool.. Very professional looking. :thumleft:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim, I don't know why it isn't working like last year (and for the first month of this year ) either! I will disconnect the salt cell and make sure the piping is all clear and there is nothing stuck in or around the return side plumbing. I also clean the filter basket in the pump often so no issue there. I bought a 2 speed pump so I could run it daily on low, so hoping I can sort this out.

And thanks for the comment about the base. I removed the sod, put down 10' wide geotextile road fabric, granular A foundation base on top of that, compacted, let that sit for a year to settle, then fines on top to level, pack, and look better! I just finished building deck (need to do railing still) last week.

20200608_153928-----.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.