Hayward 'Low Salt' vs Standard SWCG

Hey all,

My 7-8 year old Zodiac salt cell has gone to pool heaven.

Need to replace the system (going to do the whole thing, as the control board for the Zodiac has been super unreliable during ownership).

Seems like Hayward has a pretty strong reputation. I've been looking at their 'low salt' cell and their standard. Any benefit to one versus the other, aside from the obvious 'buy less salt' angle? My pool is at about 3800 ppm now, which is where the Zodiac likes it. Anyone know if I would have to partially drain/refill if I went with the low salt option, or could I just ride out the higher amount until next season?

Would also be willing to entertain suggestions for other SWCG systems that are highly recommended. I'm in Canada, so may not have access to some systems that are more prevalent in the US.

Thanks for any input

The low salt system was only available in Canada when it was first released; I don't think it was ever released for use elsewhere. Here is a thread on the subject : Hayward Low Salt.
Perhaps we can get some Canadian members to comment on other available systems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.