Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
North Central PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have the HP50 TA heat pump from Hayward heating our 24' AGP. The heat exchanger is titanium. I can find nothing in the manual about required water chemistry, particularly a minimum CH level. My pool is a vinyl pool with basically no minimum (or very minimal) CH requirement. Ours normally runs from 125-150 CH. The only thing I can find in the manual about pool chemistry states that Hayward will not void the warranty due to pool chemistry. Do I need to change anything? I have had the unit for three years and have had no problems, but I read many posts about heaters/heat pumps and maintaining the proper water chemistry. Anyone know the answer? Thanks in advance for your help!
Normal FC: 6-7. CC: 0-.5. PH: 7.6-7.8. CYA: 40-50 TA: 80 (well water.) CH: 125.

CH levels only apply to a gas heater, not a heat pump.

Thanks, Allen. I thought remembered reading that somewhere; just wanted to be sure I wasn't heading for a self-imposed meltdown of my heat pump. :oops: When I could find no warnings, etc., in the manual, I was fairly certain I was ok. Appreciate the help. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.