Hayward Heater LO code

joeg679

May 28, 2017
NJ
Hello, I was getting a Lo code on my heater and replaced a few parts and it went right away, it started up and then went right off, a few times and I received an IF code. I replace the igniter then I got the LO code back. The pool does seem like its not pumping as hard, but the pump seems to be working normally. I cleaned the filter and removed the piping to check for any debris and found nothing. The pump is probably 4 years old - could that be the issue? It's just not pumping as hard as it used to?

Is the filter pressure higher or lower than normal when the filter is clean?

It could be a clog somewhere in the impeller or suction line (pressure lower than normal).

It could be a valve in the wrong location or a filter issue (higher than normal pressure).

Check the pump impeller for debris clogging it.

img_1445-jpg.474681

Is the filter pressure higher or lower than normal when the filter is clean?

It could be a clog somewhere in the impeller or suction line (pressure lower than normal).

It could be a valve in the wrong location or a filter issue (higher than normal pressure).
Thanks. I checked the lines and impeller and no debris. The pump is like 5 years old. It was working fine for a month, could it be that the pump needs to be replaced? It’s spinning but maybe it’s slower?

It’s spinning but maybe it’s slower?
Only if you have a VS pump and are setting the RPM lower or a two speed pump on low speed. Single speed pumps do not "slow down" without tripping the thermal limiter switch or just burning up.

But what about filter pressure? Any higher or lower than normal?

Also, without a signature we are flying blind:

Only if you have a VS pump and are setting the RPM lower or a two speed pump on low speed. Single speed pumps do not "slow down" without tripping the thermal limiter switch or just burning up.

But what about filter pressure? Any higher or lower than normal?

Also, without a signature we are flying blind:

Ok. Thanks. The pressure is the same as it usually is. Is there some kind of pump mechanism in the heater that would cause this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SInce the filter pressure has not changed from before when you did not have this issue, then that pretty much rules out the pump, the filter, and the rest of the plumbing. Any problem with any piece of the plumbing system would show up as a change in pressure.

When you replaced the pressure switch, did you make any adjustments for the pressure switch threshold?

Most of the time, an AG pool will have higher than normal pressure at the heater since it is below water level. But is your heater above water level and if so, by how much?

Can you also post some pictures of the equipment?

What is the filter pressure?

Does the gauge go to zero when the pump shuts off?

Does the heater have a bypass?

Again, pictures would really help.

What is the filter pressure?

Does the gauge go to zero when the pump shuts off?

Does the heater have a bypass?

Again, pictures would really help.
I'm not in front of it to check to see if it goes to zero when off. When it's on, it's around 15. I don't think it has a bypass - I'd have to disconnect it and re-route it, but I should install a bypass. Also, it's a Sta-Rite pool filter, not a Pentair. Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    722.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_2550.jpg
    756.6 KB · Views: 5
If you can check the gauge wuth the pump off when you can, that can confirm if the gauge is working properly.

If it is working properly, then the only thing we have not ruled out is a controller issue.

You might try reseating the connector on the switch and the board.

If you can check the gauge wuth the pump off when you can, that can confirm if the gauge is working properly.

If it is working properly, then the only thing we have not ruled out is a controller issue.

You might try reseating the connector on the switch and the board.
It reads zero when off. How do you reset the connector? Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.