Hayward h400 heater error

Tbh4003

Aug 24, 2019
Land o lakes fl
For future reference, many times error codes and other issues can be resolved by simply pulling all the wires from the control board one plug at a time and re-seating them. This allows some of the oxidation to be rubbed off the control board pins. I've had luck with this many times over the years. Older units will have a higher instance of this problem for obvious reasons.

I have a similar problem except my heater will work fine when it's not in bypass mode.

I recently had a lighting strike it took out my easytouch my goldline salt generator and my protacol adapter. These have all been replaced, after all was replaced found heater keypad no response and would not come on. I replace the keypad assembly and heater will work until I place it into bypass operation then it doesn't work, so I replaced the intergrated control board and still not working. Any ideals would be appreciated

I have check all voltage points per Hayward. I have replaced keypad assembly with board I replaced the Intergrated control board. Check continuity on thermostats wires replace water and air sensors on easytouch. I might think termister but would think that would also cause it not to work when it's in stand alone. Any help appreciated

Thanks
Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar problem except my heater will work fine when it's not in bypass mode.

Welcome to TFP.

If your heater works fine when not in bypass mode then what is your problem?

The problem is I bought an automotive system so I can control it from that system. I would like it to work the way it's supposed to.

You are using terminology that I don’t understand. What specifically is bypass mode? Is that a valve in your plumbing?

What specifically is your “automotive system”? Did you mean automation? What system do you have?

We can try and help you if you share details of your pool and equipment. Preferably in your signature.

Check the fireman’s switch connection between the ET and the heater. That is a 24V 2 wire connection that the ET uses to turn the heater on and off as necessary.

Check the connections at both ends and the continuity of the wire.

Hayward allows you to connect automated controllers using either a 3-wire or 2-wire hookup. If you don't have a pool/spa combo, the "pool" and "common" wires should be used. Does the heater work when not in "bo"? As a side note, just one missed step (or, steps out of order) when programming a heater into your automated controller can cause issues.

Hayward allows you to connect automated controllers using either a 3-wire or 2-wire hookup. If you don't have a pool/spa combo, the "pool" and "common" wires should be used. Does the heater work when not in "bo"? As a side note, just one missed step (or, steps out of order) when programming a heater into your automated controller can cause issues.
This heater work exactly like its hook up before the lighting damage. It works when not in bo but it will not work when in bo. Pentair boards and temp sensors have been replace and both boards in hayard heater and it still won't work in bo

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.