Hayward H250 not firing

gadget

Jun 7, 2012
hi everyone. I have a Hayward h250 millivolt heater that I've been troubleshooting successfully for years .....this week ive been trying to get it to light and it's giving me a problem I've never experienced before. I light the pilot and the pilot stays lit but nothing's happening no clicking of the valve when I turn it on so I used a jumper wire to see if the gas valve will fire and the gas valve clicks once and then the pilot goes out. Now I know the jumping of the terminals on the gas valve is temporary.....I never leave them on ...only when I'm troubleshooting but if anyone can shed some light on why I'm having this problem or what the problem is I would really appreciate it thank you

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check when I get home. One question though. Faulty thermocouple or not, wouldn't jumping the terminals on the valce cause the heater to fire?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. ....valve, not valce.

I wasn't able to get any accurate reading so I removed the pilot generator altogether.
Is there any way to test to see if its any good from my workbench using a multimeter?
I checked resistance and compared it to an older PG I had replaced years ago and the
older one went down to zero ohms of resistance, but my current one registered 0.12 ohms.
Does that information tell you anything?

Preferable to test the pilot generator while hooked to the pilot assembly. How does the flame at the pilot assembly look? It should be a nice blue flame and not a lazy looking flame.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.