Hayward goldmine aqua plus No display

Jul 22, 2016
Chesapeake
Hello everyone, I have a Hayward goldmine aqua plus salt cell generator and when I opened the pool last week the display and light doesn’t come up/on. I tried to reseat the display, that didn’t work, tried turning the beakers off and on, no joy. I’ve seen a video on YouTube about a thermistor replacement but I’m not sure that will work with my board. I have a G1-011049F-1 F, has anyone experienced this or have any advice. I’m not super handy, but would like to try something before I have to blow a grand for a new board. Thanks in advance.

Rich

Is the install hard or do I need a tech?

I don't know your capabilities. It takes basic electrical wiring skills.

Study your system and the OmniPL Installation Manual and see if you understand what is required.

Biggest complexity is understanding How to do the software Configuration for your devices in the OmniPL.

okay so the kit is installed and I've got it running. My problem is when my display went out prior to purchasing the Retro kit i had no way of knowing what what all the previous configuration settings were. I've stumbled through most of it and I believe i have it right but there are a couple outstanding items. What speed should I have my pump at? i selected 50% but i am not sure. Lastly, I have a 2 speed pump and i haven't been able to get the low speed to respond on the app or display. I selected 2 speed pump and selected HVR 1-4 as the relay. I traced the wires and the pump plugged into HVR 1, HVR 2 is the lights, HVR 3 is an old auxiliary booster pump used for my old cleaner and HVR 4 looks like a GFI outlet on the box. if its a 2 speed pump should I be utilizing 2 separate HVR slots? not sure what I'm doing wrong

if its a 2 speed pump should I be utilizing 2 separate HVR slots? not sure what I'm doing wrong

Yes.

One HVR relay powers the high speed wires, the other relay powers the low speed wires. The system ensures both relays are not selected at the same time.