Psuarmy

May 23, 2020
Pittsburgh
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a Hayward ec40 filter and my starting pressure with it was 16 PSI. The manual says to bump around 7-10 psi increase. But when it gets to 20 PSI in about a week there is a noticeable drop in return water. I am guess that the increased pressure is due to the pool coming with a return with an integrated light that reduces that return line to 1 1/4 inch. But maybe not because it seems most returns have a reduced diameter. 18 FT AGP with the flex hoses that came with the pump.

A few questions that I have is:

1. Is that normal for the pressure? Starting pressure and needing to bump it with such a little rise. If not what should I do?
2. Is there an issue with bumping it every morning? It is by my garage and it would be nothing to walk over and bump it a few times before leaving for work.

overtime the filter will begin to rise in psi faster than usual, and possibly not go to the normal clean pressure of 16psi after bumping it, it will also rise in psi faster requiring more frequent bumping,
This means it's time to disassemble the filter and clean the fingers inside, overtime the filter no longer cleans as well after bumping, and builds up dirt on the fingers that bumping no longer removes.

Also after you bump clean the filter you need to put de in, filters clog faster when de is not added after bumping or backwashing

The reason the flow is not as strong at 20 psi indicates the filter needs or is getting close to need to be bumped,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.