Hayward Colorlogic LED lights are the worst!!!

heathjudeh

Mar 2, 2020
Atlanta
Pool installed November of 2018 with

3 Deck Jets and 3 Deck Jet Light to illuminate the streams
3 Pool Lights

All Hayward products on my pool (1.5" colorlogic lights)

3 lights in the pool had to be replaced in first year of ownership.

3 more replaced second year

1 deck jet light replaced last year....

These things fail at an astonishing rate!

Fast forward to today, noticed another pool light out. Just researching the replacement and they look outrageously priced!

Pool builder is unresponsive so I don't know what exact model lights these are. Is the only way to find out by yanking the light from the niche and looking for a part number?

Also, can these be fixed, upgraded for a better light, replaced with a cheaper light? I can't stand to think that I'll be dishing out anywhere $350-$800 each time one of these go out (and it's often)

I'm going to call Hayward tomorrow and see if I can get them to budge but I'm not holding my breath that they will help out as I think I'm outside of the warranty period now..

Consider giving these a try...

Reactions: heathjudeh
Consider giving these a try...

Thank you!

Looking into these more.. Do you know if I would need to replace all of the pool lights to get them to sync/work correctly or can I just buy the one and replace it?

Hayward Omni-Logic system. These are soooooo much more affordable! Really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Looking into these more.. Do you know if I would need to replace all of the pool lights to get them to sync/work correctly or can I just buy the one and replace it?

Hayward Omni-Logic system. These are soooooo much more affordable! Really appreciate it!
Just curious if you've replaced them yet?

We build out pool in 2014 and went with all Hayward products. The pool builder went crazy with the colorlogics and out of 20 total lights (including the 1 spa and 3 pool lights), only 4 work now. And this is with many of them already being replaced under warranty, some multiple times. A giant, complete waste of money.

My brand new ColorLogic 4.0 120v LED lasted a full hour. Luckily the company I purchased it from processed the warranty for me and now I have a new one to install. I wished I would have learned more about these lights before investing in them. I would expect this if I bought some cheap light but at $750! I can't believe they are still a leader in the industry.

Just curious if you've replaced them yet?

We build out pool in 2014 and went with all Hayward products. The pool builder went crazy with the colorlogics and out of 20 total lights (including the 1 spa and 3 pool lights), only 4 work now. And this is with many of them already being replaced under warranty, some multiple times. A giant, complete waste of money.
Sorry for the way late reply.

I ended up getting Hayward to warranty these for me. I was shocked, but they sent me 6 new lights!

Replaced two that were bad and now have a third that's out. So frustrating. 3 new lights left....

Prob won't last too long I would assume..

Sorry for the way late reply.

I ended up getting Hayward to warranty these for me. I was shocked, but they sent me 6 new lights!

Replaced two that were bad and now have a third that's out. So frustrating. 3 new lights left....

Prob won't last too long I would assume..
Did Hayward replace these for you without charge even though they were outside the one year warranty period?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.