Jun 19, 2020
Cleveland OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Howdy!

I have a Hayward Cartridge Filter (XStream) that has been giving me issues lately.

Essentially, when I run the pump on high, it emits a loud vibration/noise from what seems to be the upper part of the filter.

Now, there is not really any moving parts here. I've opened it, re-seated the bleeder valve and pressure gauge, but still no luck.
I've re-seated the filter a few times as well.

What works temporarily, sometimes, is loosening the top of the filter and wiggling it around a bit.

Now, I assume that the only thing there to make any noise is the filter itself, likely just rattling back and forth due to the speed of the incoming flow.

This filter has been in use for one season only - pool was installed about 12 months ago. Is it simply time for a new one? Could have it been damaged or something one of the times I was cleaning it? Did I overestimate the required changing of it? There is no obvious damage, and I don't believe there is any sort of gasket required at the top of the filter to stop vibrations

Searching should be my friend...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.