Hayward Automation Differences (AquaPlus, ProLogic)

seeitdifferent

Bronze Supporter
We may need to replace our AquaPlus main board because of a communication error to our external controller. Thread here. We are in the process of reviewing systems and features. The following are questions we have in the process:
- Is the ProLogic similar to the AquaPlus in that it is a full automation system including salt chlorination?
- We are looking at potentially replacing the AquaPlus with the ProLogic, but not sure if we need to add a component for the salt chlorination
- Also, is the salt cell we currently have (W3T Cell 3), compatible with the ProLogic system?
- Oh, lastly, is the difference between the GLX-PCB-PRO circuit board and the GLX-PCB-MAIN circuit board the system it goes in and the software version that it can run? GLX-PCB-PRO circuit board for ProLogic and GLX-PCB-MAIN circuit board for AquaPlus? I found this thread on the subject of upgrading the GLX-PCB-PRO from GLX-PCB-MAIN. It looks like it is possible?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Eric

I just replaced my board last week. I have an Aqualogic system. I used GLX-PCB-MAIN because it is the Aqualogic board.
The Aqualogic board is exactly your system and will do everything you need (control VSP and power a SWG cell). Why "upgrade"? And it will definitely work with your display.
The "PRO" is also about double the price. I paid about $450 on Amazon for the GLX-PCB-MAIN board.
My system is back to normal and I now have the capability to connect my VSP to the automation system. I could also move my SWG cell from my Aquarite system to my Automation. The only advantage I see with doing that is I could adjust my SWG from my remote. I do not adjust it very often, so I'm leaving it alone. If my Aquarite ever fails, I have a backup system.
<edited to correct my system and board system terms>

Last edited:
OK. Thanks for the clarification. I kept mine a "MAIN". And it was 1/2 the price. Is the primary difference the ability to control the board with your smart-phone?

OK James, I now understand your comment about drilling the holes for the display (from the other thread). On a picture of the "PRO" board, it looks like the spots for the holes were there, but they are not drilled. The "MAIN" board I bought, the holes for the display posts already were drilled.

To the OP, if you go with the "PRO" Pool Supply Unlimited has it for $300 less than Amazon. Wow, the price jumped at Amazon! I paid $450 for the "MAIN" and THAT is now over $800!

At Pool Supply Unlimited, the price difference between the boards is $30.

The AQL-WW-P-4 P-4 is the White Wired Wall Mount remote control.

Can you show a picture of the label inside the door of the main box with the model number and the serial number and a picture of the main control panel?

How old is the system?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the information. We are looking it over now.

Our system is older - 5 years old maybe. We purchased it through Amazon and from some of the research we have been doing it looks like they (Hayward) discontinued the AquaPlus in 2008.

We are not currently at the property with the pool, but we may be over there again in the next day or so. We will plan to take a picture of the inside door with model and serial numbers.

Does the display have to be changed with the board or can I use the existing display?

Best,

Eric

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.