Hayward Aquarite SWG

I am having trouble with high FC levels.
I’ve always been able to run SWG at 10% in my 15,000 gallon pool and maintain FC level 1-4ppm.
Ever since May my FC levels are spiking to 9-10 ppm even at 5%. I’m having to cut off SWG to get FC levels down but when I start back it quickly goes to 9. And I am not superchlorinating. I run the pump 6 hours…8 if lots of swimmers. The salt cell replaced last year and the pump this year.
I use Taylor pool test kit and my numbers are:
PH 8
FC 9.8
CC 0
TA 100
CH 240
SALT 3200
CYA 52
CSI 0.19
TEMP 82

It takes everything I can to get PH to 7.6-7.8 bc of it being a salt pool and we have a spa spillover. When PH is 7.8 the CSI is right near 0.00 but that’s adding acid a little each day.
Regarding high FC levels could the control board on the Hayward be broken/shorted out and not regulating the correct desired output level. I did notice the control box was hot the other day and it’s mostly in the shade all day.
I’m pretty obsessive regarding my pool chemistry and this is driving me crazy.
Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!!!!
Stephanie

Welcome to TFP Stephanie

This one is easy :) Run your SWG 4 or 5 hours a day... That should get your FC to 7 and that is a great level.. Your CYA should be 70 to 80 and for your location I would say 80 unless your pool is shaded half the day..

I do have a question, how did you get 52 for CYA, that sure looks like a pool store number... we never trust those pool store numbers for a good reason, they are usually so far off no one should trust them..

With a TA of of 100 and the spa spillover your PH will rise faster.. If you have automation you can turn your spillover of most of the time and only run it 30 minutes 2 times a day.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.