Hayward Aquarite S3

Goodtimespool

Jun 26, 2023
Westtown NY
Got the Aquarite S3 Omni SWG installed by the pool guy about a month ago with a new vs pump. Unfortunately he didn’t really give me any guidance on usage.

My chemistry is mostly within range, but I’m curious about T-Cell usage. I just got an alert that my Tcell needs to be cleaned (which also wasn’t explained by the pool guy), but it’s only been a month. I run the pump and the chlorinated 24/7… is this the wrong way to go about it? Is it better to run the chlorinator at a higher setting for less time or a lower setting all the time? Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

If you look at the cell and its coated in white calcium build up, try to clean it off with plain water. Each time you clean it with acid you remove some of the nifty magic metals that make the cell work- no bueno! So use that as last resort.
I went 9 years without cleaning my first cell. So don't rush in to it.

Maddie :flower:

I just got an alert that my Tcell needs to be cleaned (which also wasn’t explained by the pool guy), but it’s only been a month.
Welcome to the forum.
Those 'alerts' are based on time. So you can look at the cell, but as Maddie said, do not acid wash it unless really necessary.

Running at a low %generation for more hours is great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.