Hayward Aquarite goldline SWG says 0

Update:
I bought a new salt cell and re-calibrated the system but it still reads 0. Could it be the PCB?
Interesting! But how did you calibrate the cell if the reading is 0?
On a known good bd, the relay should click even if the cell is disconnected as long as the switch is in Auto. The relay should click approx 10 seconds after the Generating LED turns on. Your cp's stopwatch might come in handy.
The average salinity reading must not be at zero. Hence, the error! Try to perform the recalibration within seconds after the relay has clicked. Before the relay is about to click, move the switch to display the instant salinity reading (-0). When you hear the relay click, quickly move the switch to Superchlorinate and back to Auto.

To verify if the relays are working, measure the DC voltage between the A and B terminals. It should read 30-32 Volts DC after the relay has clicked and then go back down to 0 and faulted.
AquaRite_Main_Board_Test_Points.jpg

Interesting! But how did you calibrate the cell if the reading is 0?
On a known good bd, the relay should click even if the cell is disconnected as long as the switch is in Auto. The relay should click approx 10 seconds after the Generating LED turns on. Your cp's stopwatch might come in handy.
The average salinity reading must not be at zero. Hence, the error! Try to perform the recalibration within seconds after the relay has clicked. Before the relay is about to click, move the switch to display the instant salinity reading (-0). When you hear the relay click, quickly move the switch to Superchlorinate and back to Auto.

To verify if the relays are working, measure the DC voltage between the A and B terminals. It should read 30-32 Volts DC after the relay has clicked and then go back down to 0 and faulted.
View attachment 572956
Yes, it has been a nightmare of a process! So as I mentioned to James, the relay never clicks from going from off to on.

Yes, it has been a nightmare of a process! So as I mentioned to James, the relay never clicks from going from off to on.
That's odd but indeed, very interesting! Do you have a multimeter and are confident working around electricity? Find out if pin#12 of the U5 chip switches from Hi (24vdc) to Lo (0 vdc). Please reference the schematic diagram below. I am not into a repair business but feel free to pm me for a walkthrough if interested.

GLX-PCB-RITE_OnBoard LVPS Schematic.jpgglx-pxb-rite_r1.59.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88