Hayward Aqua Trol Reads HOT

AdamV92

Aug 3, 2019
youngsville, nc
I have a Hayward Aqua Trol Salt system and as this season began, it first had an issue with salt level readings. I got a new salt cell and it resumed working fine overall. Recently, I get a reading on the display showing HOT. At the time this happened, the water was around 77 degrees which is hardly hot. Troubleshooting would tell you its a sensor in the cell that is bad. Well, 1. Its a brand new cell and 2. my other suspicion was when I tested a theory by disconnecting the salt cell and turn on the Aqua trol box again. Still reads Hot... Well, it cant be the cell if the box display shows Hot when its not even connected to the cell. My question to anyone familiar with this kind of salt system is, Could the main board in the box be bad?? Also, the small display board would have nothing to do with this right?? I assume its function is to only provide information from the main board..

8 years old. I keep the box and cell indoors off season and the boards are clean as can be. they look like brand new, but I understand what they look like and what they do are two different stories. Usually you would think that if the board get eroded and brittle, they go bad.. The display board should be fine you think?? I guess it only reports what the main board tells it..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.