Hayward acid dispenser injection valve broke

Aug 16, 2018
Menifee, CA
Hello everyone, I have a small leak from my Acid dispenser injection valve (CAX3511) . I unscrewed it and went to put it back in after wrapping with Teflon tape and the male portion of the injection valve snapped right off. After getting a replacement and some rectorseal T plus 2 I got the part in but still had a leak. Went to unscrew that and it broke again. I feel like the threads in the plumbing are off as the part rocks slight when screwing in and taking it out.

Is it possible to use a brass fitting to plug that 1/4” hole in the plumbing for now so I can run my filter? The injection valve is not very easy to get apparently. Any guidance would be appreciated.

We don't see many folks here with acid dispensers and most of them have Stenner Pumps or Pentair IntellipH. Let's see if @JamesW or @bdavis466 has ideas.

Not easy to get about sums it up. I was hoping you would say co2.
Plugging it until the new one arrives should be fine, but I would use a plastic or pvc plug and teflon tape.
Is it just a hole drilled in the pipe, or is there a tee fitting for it?

Home depot has a whole rack of little bins full of plastic parts, usually one aisle over from the pvc. You can get one there for a buck or two.
If it is a hole drilled in a pipe, it is very easy to crossthread. Plastic will not destroy your threads if you cross it, but brass will. Get a plastic plug.

It is just a hole threaded directly into the pipe. I wasn’t able to find a small enough plastic piece to put in there so I got the brass. After a little Teflon and the brass fitting I am able to get my filter running but still has the same leak that initially had me trying to seal it up properly. Slow drip out from the thread during pool filtration but when I kick on the spa it leaks quite a bit more.

Those injector valves can be finicky about clearance on the end, I would be concerned the reducer bushing would be too deep.
IIRC, there is a brand that uses one that is not threaded and attaches with a gasket and hose clamp around the pipe, much like a pentair temp sensor. Tomorrow I will do a bit of poking around and see what I can find that will work for you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.