Having trouble finding CYA, suggestions? (do NOT want to buy from Leslies)

LearningAboutPools

Jul 4, 2021
Henderson, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Walmart is out, Lowes and Home Depot seem to be out, and even Amazon is out.

I just can't force myself to buy from Leslie's for double the price...ugh.

Any suggestions on good cyanuric acid sources or is it sold in places other than the pool section of Lowes/Home Depot, etc?

Ouch! I bought 7lb on Amazon in February for $16.95. Same product is now $30!

The 25lb bag for $60 is the same $/lb, so maybe I'd just go for that although that is many years worth and 2-3 drain and refills.

Ouch! I bought 7lb on Amazon in February for $16.95. Same product is now $30!

The 25lb bag for $60 is the same $/lb, so maybe I'd just go for that although that is many years worth and 2-3 drain and refills.
Yeah it is a lot. CYA doesn't go bad, but I would worry about keeping moisture out. I need CYA soon so I'll probably buy the 25lbs and see how it does.

I highly recommend the ebay 25lb for $60. This is exclusively what I use. It is what I used in my "How to add CYA" video as well. It dissolves very quickly.

Reactions: Cwiggs
Looks like the Puri tech 25lbs bags are out of stock on Ebay. I was able to find the RX stuff for $65/25 lbs so I ordered that. Will let everyone know how it is when it arrives.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was able to find the RX stuff for $65/25 lbs so I ordered that. Will let everyone know how it is when it arrives.
Make sure it’s 100% and doesn’t have any of the normal additives that usually get thrown in with the ‘RX’ moniker. Or Dr. or 911. :ROFLMAO:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.