Gold Supporter
Aug 1, 2019
SW British Columbia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Happy to have found a forum where pool users can share the pain and the joy of owning a pool. The in-ground, vinyl pool came with the house, and when our kids were 7 and 9, the effort, compared to the enjoyment made it all worthwhile. Not so much now that they're grown and I'm in my 70's. So many issues with the pool. But we like the house and the yard too much to want to sell. I'm a semi-retired former GP who still works in the local hospital, a 5 minute walk from the house.

Welcome sir! We're glad to have you join us....but I'm sorry to hear you find the pool so much work over the years. Our entire premise is that pool care can be quite simple (to the point of boring even!) if you monitor the water with a GOOD test kit and you follow basic science proven guidelines we teach. Too often people add chemicals to their pool that not only are expensive but often unnecessary and cause additional problems.

If there is something we can help you with to make things a LOT easier, please holler!
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
FC/CYA Levels

Again, welcome to TFP!

Maddie :flower: <--typing this from the trauma unit on night shift tonight myself

Reactions: frogabog