Has anyone used EcoFinish Mediterranean Blue for infinity pool?

pool567

Jan 16, 2024
SoCal
Hi Everyone,
We're building a pool (images attached) overlooking the ocean and trying to match a finish that ties in the color of the Pacific.
EcoFinish Mediterranean Blue was recommended by a contractor in another county, but we are unable to see an example in person.
Pool deck will be a ceramic tile that looks like limestone and wraps over the edge (same materal for both pool deck and coping).
Spa has vanishing type edge that spills over into the pool and outside/top of spa will be a white material called laminam that looks like white stone.
Questions:

1. Does anyone have examples of Mediterranean Blue EcoFinish? Is it a good color for tying in to the ocean?
2. Which tile on the infinity edge is a good match for this color of finish?
3. Any experience with EcoFinish in general or other suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Materials:

A. Pool finish

B. Pool deck/coping

C. Spa

D. Wood tile platform

Attachments

• cc pic 1.JPG
    cc pic 1.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 19
  • cc pic 2.JPG
    cc pic 2.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 17
Hey 567 and Welcome !!!!

trying to match a finish that ties in the color of the Pacific.
Your specific view of the Pacific throws 1000 different shades at you throughout the year. Which one are you matching? I live by the Atlantic and a couple other large bodies of water and some days they're green, or grey or even orange or red. There are too many blues to count on the other days.

Pick a color that you even remotely like and mother nature will make it and the Pacific swing in harmony through all the possibilities. :)

Click for some examples

Examples part II

Light VS Dark

Last edited:
Reactions: MAPR-Austin
We like it best on sunny days when the ocean is a deep cobalt blue
Gotcha. So this day ? I have that day too. :ROFLMAO: It's 96% the environment, and not the finish.

Screenshot_20240116_151729_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240116_151657_Gallery.jpg

IMO people stress WAY too hard over color choices when in the end they will see all the shades at some point.

Hang tight for others thoughts, and also meet my buddy @kimkats

Yes! That's the color. Any suggestions on tile for the infinity edge that would be a good match? We're thinking of using 1" x 1" glass or ceramic tiles for that edge. We want EcoFinish to be a little below the waterline.

Welcome to the forum.

Be ware of using glass tiles in S Cal. Hard water will make maintenance an issue.

Be sure you have a water softener for your make up water.

Hi Everyone,
We're building a pool (images attached) overlooking the ocean and trying to match a finish that ties in the color of the Pacific.
EcoFinish Mediterranean Blue was recommended by a contractor in another county, but we are unable to see an example in person.
Pool deck will be a ceramic tile that looks like limestone and wraps over the edge (same materal for both pool deck and coping).
Spa has vanishing type edge that spills over into the pool and outside/top of spa will be a white material called laminam that looks like white stone.
Questions:

1. Does anyone have examples of Mediterranean Blue EcoFinish? Is it a good color for tying in to the ocean?
2. Which tile on the infinity edge is a good match for this color of finish?
3. Any experience with EcoFinish in general or other suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Materials:

A. Pool finish

B. Pool deck/coping

C. Spa

D. Wood tile platform
Welcome! I am learning so much from this forum; we just finished our new build (12/1/23) with Eco Finish in Midnight Blue~Mediterranean Blue was my second choice. We are so happy with our choice in color and I love the deep dark finish of Midnight Blue, can still see to the bottom of the pool with clarity!
Can send pics if you want to check it out.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOVE the view! Here are some 1x1 tiles I found that I think would work great!
I like the lighter colors and think this would blend in with your view great:

This one is oh so pretty! Not really to sold on it for the view though:

Anyone that knows me will know why I love this one-THE BLING!!! I think this one would also blend in with your view:

I also love the 1x2 tiles in the same colors.

Let me know what you think of the ones I showed you. Tell me what you like and don't like so I can dial in my showings.

Reactions: Newdude
LOVE the view! Here are some 1x1 tiles I found that I think would work great!
I like the lighter colors and think this would blend in with your view great:

This one is oh so pretty! Not really to sold on it for the view though:

Anyone that knows me will know why I love this one-THE BLING!!! I think this one would also blend in with your view:

I also love the 1x2 tiles in the same colors.

Let me know what you think of the ones I showed you. Tell me what you like and don't like so I can dial in my showings.
Thank you! We like the first and third ones the best. I'm also torn between matching the finish color vs. going slightly lighter or darker. The bevel on the vanishing edge faces the front of the pool, so we want it to blend in with the pool finish and the view. We don't like EcoFinish all the way up the edge, just EcoFinish below the water line if that makes sense.

Upthread mknauss mentioned issues with glass tile in SoCal? Should we look into a different type of material? I'll ask our builder as well.

Calcium scale build up will make maintenance of glass tiles (especially if you have lots of grout lines) challenging. It will help if you use softened water for make up water due to evaporation.

Calcium scale build up will make maintenance of glass tiles (especially if you have lots of grout lines) challenging. It will help if you use softened water for make up water due to evaporation.
Thank you for the reply. Is there less calcium buildup if we use ceramic tiles on the lip of the vanishing edge or it's mainly the grout lines? Would you recommend another material instead? Would you just EcoFinish all the way up to the vanishing edge on that part of the pool?

Scale will build up on ceramic tiles also. Anywhere there is a water line that you have evaporation. Easier to clean off ceramic tiles.

No idea on vanishing edge or Eco Finish. Scale will build on it also if there is a water line. Vanishing edge pools are complex to operate.

Scale will build up on ceramic tiles also. Anywhere there is a water line that you have evaporation. Easier to clean off ceramic tiles.

No idea on vanishing edge or Eco Finish. Scale will build on it also if there is a water line. Vanishing edge pools are complex to operate.
Got it, thank you. We can look into ceramic tiles. The water line is at the level of the vanishing edge. That lip portion of the pool is what we were looking for options of 1" x 1" glass tiles. The non-vanishing edges of the pool will be ceramic tile that looks like limestone and wraps over the edge with miter edge where the tile meets. That portion will have a water line on the ceramic tile. I think because of its lighter limestone color, hopefully calcium buildup will not show as well. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.