Has anyone figured out a hack to get an intex pump to turn on remotely? When powered via a timer it does not currently auto turn on

Slippery

Jul 15, 2018
Portland or
Has anyone figured out a hack to get an intex pump to turn on remotely?

This is the pump I have: https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Krysta...fos.ac2169a1-b668-44b9-8bd0-5ec63b24bcb5&th=1

When powered up it is in a standby state. Maybe there's a way to by pass the circuit board and just have it power up when using a smart plug?

In the shoulder season if I am out all day but the sun comes out Id love to be able to turn it on remotely so I can get some solar heating done.

I'm going to make a guess here that the Intex's built in timer won't stay "on" after x hours and hence your stand alone timer won't trigger it. The timers compete with each other, so to speak.

I have a pump tied in to my Intermatic timer and because the pump is basic it doesn't have a built in timer so the stand alone timer turns it on/off just fine daily.

Maddie :flower:

This may be more complicated than you want but here’s a thread about it

If you Google "bypass intex pump timer" there are numerous videos' on this. The only problem I see is there are different makes/models so the procedure might differ from one to the other. But once bypassed if it turns on when plugged in and not needing any button's to be pushed then any smart outlet will be able to control it's on/off function.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.